Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Who doesn't love a wedding? Actually, I'm not a big fan.

"The Man I Married!"
Charlton Comics
Stories of Brides in Love
Number 19
1960

My closest friend is getting married. And, as is only proper, I have the honor of being part of the wedding party. In this case I am his "best man". (Don't let the name fool you, there is no penis required!)

Okay, so I hate weddings. I really, really do. Even my own was kind of a pain in the ass. And way too stressful. Now, I'll do it for him of course, and smile the whole time, but really, there had better be a damn good cake. And one not tainted with any fruit.

Anyway, in honor of a wedding I am thrilled about and dreading all at the same time, I wanted to bring you "The Man I Married" a nice little tale of a connection made between two people on more than just a physical level. (WHAT? That happened in a romance comic?)

Myra Sheldon is a beautiful, popular girl with a secret that has kept her from finding real lasting love within her own social circle. Yep, you guessed it, she's kind of smart.



Okay, so I don't plan to interrupt this story as is my habit, but the man in the blue/gray fedora above, that better be his sister's hand he's holding.

















No comments:

Post a Comment